Phillip G. Edmondson
Kansas City, Missouri
Email: Phil Edmondson Web site: www.PhilEdmondson.com
COMPUTER NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR/ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANwith experience in administration of Windows NT 4.0, IBM AIX, and Hewlett Packard HP-UX UNIX networks, test engineering, design engineering and production testing. Skilled in the design/operation of computer network systems, new products, test equipment design and fabrication and test procedures. Last four years experience in telecommunications.
SprintPCS OSSC Control Room Systems Integrator II (8/2000 Present 2004)
Wireless telecommunications leader cell phone, wireless Web, wireless messaging, and commercial services. OSSC (Operational Systems Support Center) houses the central control servers for all SprintPCS wireless services.
- Monitor all of SprintPCS routers, switches, control servers, and other devices at all switch sites and major computer nodes.
- Used numerous PC and UNIX based LAN, WAN, and Web based monitoring, diagnosis, and troubleshooting tools.
- Perform tier 1 troubleshooting and situation management, and escalate problems to appropriate parties.
- UNIX skills include Shell scripting, use of vi, and execution and routine use of basic command line commands.
- Perform tape backups and routine procedures on central computer center which controls PCS network.
- Completed Introduction to UNIX, and Network and System Administration I courses.
BRUNSON INSTRUMENT COMPANY, Inc. IS Administrator/Engineering Technician(7/98 7/2000)
Producer of high precision industrial metrology (measurement) equipment.
- Windows 95/98, NT 4.0 Client/Server, Ethernet, RS6000, AIX - skilled in all routine administrative tasks.
- Complete installation of new main file server systems (including Compaq) with multiple servers and domains.
- Setup and maintain all applications software on 4 servers and ~35 workstations.
- Design and implement WAN through DSL/ISDN Internet communications with remote sales offices.
- Establish and maintain IS securities and tape backups.
- Workstation applications: Windows 95, 98, & NT 4.0/2000, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint,
Outlook email), McAfee VirusScan, Syspro complete company automation software.
- Hardware: Install internal and external hardware into or onto network/servers/workstations/systems.
- Network Printing: Custom networking of Hewlett Packard, Epson, IBM, and Panasonic printers/print servers.
MAXON AMERICA, Inc. - Sr. Technician(9/97 - 7/98)
Major producer of 2-way radios, pagers, and wireless communications devices.
- Prepared AutoCAD generated 3D SLA (Stereo Lithographic) epoxy models.
- Developed acoustical testing capabilities.
- Assembled prototypes: surface mount intensive micro circuits.
- Assisted engineers in new circuit debug.
MARLEY PUMP, Inc. - Product Integration Technician(Contractor 1/97 - 9/97)
Producer of commercial fuel delivery systems.
- Laboratory and field testing of software/hardware products to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Fabricate mass fluid delivery test systems including large tanks, all valves and computer controls.
- Customer telephone and on sight hardware/software technical support.
WILCOX ELECTRIC COMPANY - Design Technician(1989 - 1996)
Major producer of aircraft instrument landing systems and air traffic control systems for major airports worldwide
including ILS Category I through III, VOR, DME, and ATC radar.
- Design and fabricate test equipment for engineering development and production testing..
- Test/troubleshoot RF circuitry to 1.2 GHz to component level.
- Experienced with AutoCAD, OrCAD, PADS, WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Access, etc.
- Work under rigorous FAA, DOT, and DOD contract protocols.
- Highly skilled at soldering, wire wrapping, cable design and parts procurement.
- Integrated single board computers into test equipment.
- Experienced with PLCs and ladder logic programming.
EAGLE PICHER, Inc. - Electronic Technician 5(1984 - 1989)
Producer of military missile batteries.
- Experience similar to Wilcox Electric above except with special electronic test systems for
military missile batteries.
A.A., Science/Chemistry, Missouri Southern State College, Joplin, MO
Attended University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry